Fall Quarter 2019
Application Due Date: August 1, 2019
Title: Public Engagement Intern - unpaid
Department/Location: Public Engagement, SAM Downtown
Staff Mentor: Public Engagement Associate
Learning Objectives: The Public Engagement Department seeks an intern to assist with development, administration, and implementation of SAM’s public programs. The programs include art activities, performances, and gallery tours. Through this position, the intern will experience the process involved in creating and implementing museum programs, including speaker and subject selection, collaborating with local organizations, and administrative support. Flexible schedule within M–F, 9–5 office hours; 8-12 hours per week; must be able to assist with “My Favorite Things” tours and art making activities on select Thursday evenings from 6:00-8:30 p.m., and the Seattle Asian Art Museum Opening Celebration on November 16, 2019.
• Programmatic research and outreach in relation to Flesh and Blood: Italian Masterpieces from the Capodimonte Museum
• Support first Thursday art making activity during Flesh and Blood: Italian Masterpieces from the Capodimonte Museum.
• Support first Thursday My Favorite Things Tours.
• Support the Seattle Asian Art Museum opening celebration on November 16, 2019.
• Filing, database/website maintenance, and other administrative support
• Ability to work with staff and volunteers in a professional manner on a variety of tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively to staff, volunteers and public.
• Basic filing, typing and computer skills.
• Ability to ask for help and accept supervision and evaluation of your work.
• Abide by the Standards for Museum Volunteers/Interns as outlined in the Volunteer/Intern Packet.
• Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in progress or recently completed
• Demonstrated interest in art history, education, communications and/or arts administration, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications due: August 1, 2019
Each application should include:
• Application form
• Cover letter
• Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted separately by the writer to email@example.com)