Fall Quarter 2019
Application Due Date: August 1, 2019
Title: Teen Programs Intern - unpaid
Department/Location: Education / SAM Downtown
Staff Mentor: Senior Museum Educator for Teen & Family Programs
Assist with development, administration, and partnerships for SAM’s Teen Programs including Teen Night Out, SAM’s Teen Arts Group (TAG) and Teen Art Lab workshops. Interns will experience the full process involved in creating and implementing museum programs, including assisting with the programming for a wide-range of events, collaborating with local organizations, learning how to develop and lead gallery tours, and administrative support.
• Assist with the development of art activities and gallery tours for Teen Programs.
• Assist with the Teen Arts Group meetings each Thursday.
• Act as event staff for major community events at the Museum including Teen Night Out and other on-site and off-site outreach events
• Filing and other administrative support
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to work with staff and volunteers in a professional manner on a variety of tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively to staff, volunteers, and public.
• Attention to detail and ability to follow library procedures and policies.
• Ability to ask for work independently, as well as ask help and accept supervision and evaluation of your work.
• Abide by the Standards for Museum Volunteers/Interns as outlined in the Volunteer/Intern Packet.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with filing, typing and computer skills.
• Timeliness and attention-to-detail
• Experience working with diverse age-groups especially children, teens, college students and senior citizens
• Manual dexterity.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
• High School diploma required. Three years of undergraduate work preferred.
• Demonstrated interest in studio art, community organizing, student leadership, non-profits, social services, communications and/or arts administration.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications due: August 1, 2019
Each application should include:
• Application form
• Cover letter
• Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted separately by the writer to email@example.com)