Winter Quarter 2020
Application Due Date: November 1, 2019
Title: Corporate Relations Intern - Unpaid
Department/Location: Development, SAM Downtown
Staff Mentor: Institutional Giving Officer
Learning Objectives: The Development Department is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented intern to provide support for Seattle Art Museum’s Corporate Relations team.
• Coordinate and prepare sponsor summary reports
• Complete and mail membership packets for Corporate Partners
• Complete monthly renewal materials for Corporate Partners
• Conduct donor prospect research, prepare solicitation materials, and follow-up by phone or email
• Update Corporate Partners donor lists
• Update and maintain accurate records in Raiser’s Edge (SAM’s donor database)
• Other Raiser’s Edge projects as assigned
• Perform other administrative duties and support as needed including donor record management, mailings, and event support
• Expected time commitment: 12 hours flexible within Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm office hours with occasional evening donor events.
• Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously and to demonstrate strong time management skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor giving histories and personal information.
• Willingness to assist with projects at all levels and to help within the department as needed.
• Ability to prioritize projects as needed and be self-motivated while working independently.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher.
• Interest in learning about fundraising, membership, or working in a museum or nonprofit arts environment.
• Ability to work with staff and volunteers in a professional manner on a variety of tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively to staff, volunteers, and public.
• Ability to ask for help and accept supervision and evaluation of your work.
• Abide by the Standards for Museum Volunteers/Interns as outlined in the Volunteer/Intern Packet
• Manual dexterity
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
• Working towards or recently completed an AA, BA, MFA, MA, or some form of higher
education in any discipline or a certificate program in an area of interest related
to the museum.